3 Teams of the Research Organization for Next-Generation Education
http://en/department/01.htmlThe Fostering Team’s objective is to provide the necessary information that can help answer the question “what should be pondered, prepared, and practiced to foster competencies” in elementary and junior high school subject lessons.
- Develop lesson plans to foster competencies
- Understand the interaction of competencies fostered in lessons
- Propose tedate strategies to foster competencies in subject lessons
- Build a Curriculum Map for Competency Development (CMCD)
- Study the connection between the students’ self-assessment and lesson activities
- Provide necessary information for curriculum management
The Evaluation Team’s objective is to provide the necessary information that can help answer the question “how to check and evaluate student outcomes from subject lessons implemented to foster competencies”.
- Develop and apply rubrics to assess Exploratory Learning
- Develop and apply assessment concepts for Special Subject Moral Education
- Develop a Tokyo Gakugei University evaluation system to assess competencies in Special Activities
- Consider the use of ICT for evaluating competencies using rubrics
- Consider how to foster and evaluate Agency in Special Subject Moral Education and Special Activities
- Consider the reliability and validity of self-assessment questionnaire items to evaluate student competencies
The Teacher Training and Transmission Team’s objectives are to utilize the Education and Evaluation Teams’ research results in various teacher training sessions and to transmit them through various media including the online lesson video streaming service 21CoDOMoS. The Team is currently working on utilizing the research results at teacher training sessions organized by the Board of Education and Education Centers of different municipalities.
- Add more functions and video contents to the lesson video streaming service 21CoDOMoS
- Develop video contents that help the audience imagine how to foster competencies and observe lessons that demonstrate strategies to achieve this end
- Propose ways to use 21CoDOMoS in teacher training sessions, teacher education courses, and the teacher license renewal course
- Manage and consider opportunities to use education software developed by other Tokyo Gakugei University projects (manage the integrated online portal “FindingGEMs”)